No matter how great your product or service is, if no one buys it, your business is lost. The same goes for having a Web site. If visitors or traffic aren’t coming in, you can’t expect positive sales results for your business.
Here are some ethical options you can give a try if you are aiming at attracting visitors to your website:
- Make your content compelling but realistic at the same time.
- Don’t forget to include social sharing buttons to your website.
- Answer inquiries and questions from people on social networking sites.
- Distribute press releases when you have something noteworthy to share.
- Spend time building your website’s blog page.
- Create beautiful infographics.
- Ask subscribers and visitors to share your content.
- Keep your website error-free.
- Over-deliver your products and services.
1. Make your content compelling but realistic at the same time.
There’s nothing more attractive than a website having well-written content. Remember, good content markets itself. So, once visitors find your content great, they will do the work for you by sharing them via social media, doing referrals, amongst others.
2. Don’t forget to include social sharing buttons to your website.
When website visitors find your content interesting, their initial reaction would be to share them with friends. Make sharing easier for your readers by adding social sharing buttons where needed.
3. Answer inquiries and questions from people on social networking sites.
The profiles you have on different social networking platforms are all leading to your website. The activities you have on these profiles can directly impact your website’s traffic. Do make sure that you interact and engage with these people.
4. Distribute press releases when you have something noteworthy to share.
Though there are a lot of press release distribution websites that you can take advantage of, it’s best not to abuse them. Again, whatever you do online can directly affect your website’s reputation, and you don’t want to put your business in a bad light by posting content that are not news worthy on these sites.
5. Spend time building your website’s blog page.
In the context of having well-written, attractive content – it would be good to keep a blog page maintained by regularly publishing articles. When you keep your readers updated with interesting and informative articles, they’ll keep coming back for more.
6. Create beautiful infographics.
Sometimes, reading plain text can be boring. Why not give your readers a different kind of experience by putting your text in a beautiful infographic that they can easily share with friends.
7. Ask subscribers and visitors to share your content.
There’s no harm in trying. Asking a little favor from your avid subscribers and happy clients to share your website’s content can make a big difference in generating traffic for your website.
8. Keep your website error-free.
When there are pages in your website that don’t work – search engines (most especially Google) won’t be able to index them properly. This can greatly affect the website traffic that comes in. It’s best to check your Google Webmaster Tools account and check for any errors.
9. Over-deliver your products and services.
What do unsatisfied customers and happy customers have in common? They share their experiences with others. So, do make sure that you keep your clients happy by delivering beyond their expectations. When you do so, they are (more often than not) going to recommend you to others. This is not just simple traffic you’re getting in return, but already warm leads.
There are still a wide range of strategies you could use to continuously build traffic to your website. The key here is to follow the white hat techniques, and you’re on your way to website success.